Myself and my group had a blast creating our first ever stop motion video. Going into this activity I was extremely nervous since I had zero experience with stop motion technology and was not expecting it would be as fun as it was. I can now confidently say that I will be able to successfully teach my future students how to use the stop motion technology and teach them the benefits of using technology in the classroom!

The FINAL PRODUCT!

The Journey Of The Bees

In the process of creating this master piece every single one of us had a role which I really liked due to everyone getting to contribute towards the final product. For example, we had three people moving the props around, one person taking the photos and we all contributed towards the sound effects. I feel that students will be tested on their creativity, teamwork skills as well as their ability to compromise, just like we were. I also hope that the students (in our in-situ and future classrooms) really see the benefits from the experience, and can see themselves using it in the future!

The TEAM behind “The Journey Of The Bees”!

My classmates and I

Adding Stop Motion Videos Into Classrooms…

I feel like I would love to use stop motion videos as projects or activities in my classroom due to the endless opportunities for what your students can create with it. The App that we used (Zing Studio 1.0) was extremely user friendly and I feel that students of all ages would be able to navigate through it quickly and have a blast creating their own stop motion videos.

In saying this, I do feel that we need to take into consideration that no class is perfect and no technology is perfect. As classrooms are a diverse community and sometimes technology works against, us we need to understand that there will be points of trial and error. But making sure all students feel welcomed and capable of using the technology presented to them is extremely important and is something I will take with me into all my future classrooms.

My other opinions of using stop motion videos in the classroom include:

Created by me using the website Canva