https://www.goodbooks.io/blog/greenlight

When I was younger I always loved reading or having someone read to me any of Dr. Seuss or Robert Munsch’s books! They are such fun books and the pictures are so detailed and complement the literature so well. Although, these are fun books that I remember from my childhood, I do not think they are the ones that changed everything for me. The book that did change everything for me is called Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey. This book is a perfect mix of his life (memoir) / life experiences, self-help and just an overall interesting story of his life starting from childhood.

I am a big fan of Matthew McConaughey and his acting, so when I heard he was releasing his book I was intrigued and thought I would give it a read. I read the whole book in two days during covid and it was one of the best books I have ever read! It was funny, sad, and most importantly eye-opening. His life is definitely worth writing about and he journaled about it constantly, and in him doing that he came out with some of the best advice and inspiration. He has a passion for life and did a great job of sharing that with the world, and through his book he urges others to take the greenlights (opportunities) just like he did! The book inspired me to want to do more in life, keep fighting for what I want, chase my dreams and to not care what others think. So, if you want to get inspired and learn more about greenlights, I highly recommend giving it a read!